The Miles4Hips Virtual 5K and Day of Movement is all about creating awareness and promoting community. We have individuals from around the world who are organizing some low-key local meet-ups around this event. This is a great opportunity to get your friends and family together, wear fun tee-shirts, enjoy some laughter and (hopefully!) sunshine, meet some new friends, and enjoy moving your hips. Below are some of the meet-ups that are already being organized. Don’t see one in your area? Create one! Please contact us at email@example.com to share your meet-up time, location, route, type of event (walking, hiking, running, cycling, swimming, yoga, dance party, etc), contact information, and any other details folks should know.
- Los Angeles
- What: walk/jog/roll/pedal (your choice!) from pier to pier
- When: June 8, 2019. 10-12 pm.
- Where: Meet at Hermosa Beach Pier in front of Hennessy’s Tavern and walk to Manhattan Beach Pier and back.
- Contact: Anna Hamedani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- San Diego
- Contact: Caitlin Forrest
- Colorado Springs
- What: 5K walk in America the Beautiful Park
- When: June 8, 2019. Meet at 8 am.
- Where: American the Beautiful Park: 26 Cimino Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Contact: Sami Taylor (719-510-8605)
- What: 5K (ish – it may be a little shorter) walk along Clear Creek Trail in Golden (paved trail). Come hungry – we will have coffee and bagels available!
- When: June 8, 2019. Coffee and bagels starting at 8:30, “5K” walk starts at 9
- Where: Clear Creek Trail Golden Colorado – Meet at the Visitor Center atWashington and 10th Streets Golden, CO 80401
- Contact: Lainee Flanigan (Lainee.Flanigan@gmail.com)
- What: 5K walk on the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail
- When: June 8, 2019. 8:30 am.
- Where: Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail (from the Imeson Road trailhead)
- Contact: Shaela Clay
- What: 5K(ish) walk/run from the Kwanusila Totem Pole to Ten Thousand Ripples and back (route goes along a paved walking path and a bike lane).
- When: June 8, 2019. Meet at The Flower Flat (620 West Addison Street Chicago, IL 60613) for optional breakfast/coffee/hanging out. Or come join us at the Kwanusila Totem Pole at 10 am to begin the walk/run.
- Where: Meet at the Kwanusila Totem Pole in Lincoln Park. There
- Contact: Beth LaBossiere (email@example.com)
- What: A 5K walk along the Paint Creek Trail.
- When: June 8, 2019 at 9:45 am.
- Where: Meet at the Rochester Hills Public Library in the west parking lot.
- Contact: Nicole Frazier
- What: Meet fellow hippies and walk the trails at the NC Museum of Art! We’ll gather at the ellipse by the parking lot on Blue Ridge Rd. and go from there–everyone at their own pace. After you walk, run, roll, etc. feel free to meet back up to socialize over a beverage & pastry at SIP in the Museum’s West Building. (SIP opens at 10am.)
- When: Saturday, June 8th, 2019 at 9:30 am.
- Where: North Carolina Museum of Art – 2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC
- Contact: Mary Blake
- What: 2.6 mile walk/jog/roll/pedal (your choice!) along a paved path in Sharon Woods followed by coffee and bagels.
- When: June 8, 2019. 10-12 pm.
- Where: Sharon Woods: Sharon Woods Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45241
- Contact: Shannon Carroll (firstname.lastname@example.org)