Miles4Hips is a patient-driven, collaborative initiative between individuals affected by hip dysplasia and the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI).,the global leader in educational, research, and technological initiatives aimed at prevention, early diagnosis, and innovative treatment options to minimize the long-term impacts of hip dysplasia. We are dedicated to raising hip dysplasia awareness, supporting the efforts of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI), providing information and resources for the hip dysplasia community, and promoting the enjoyment of movement and miles in all people for healthy hips and minds.
- Patients with hip dysplasia are entitled to an accurate and timely diagnosis; access to a hip dysplasia expert; accurate, patient-friendly, and unbiased information to make an informed decision; and a treatment plan that integrates the latest research, surgeon expertise, and each patient’s values and goals.
- Patient care and outcomes will be optimized when patients, advocates, medical providers, researchers, and policy-makers work together to create awareness and support the initiatives and goals of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI)
- Hip dysplasia is not a sentence for a lifetime of physical limitations and pain. We believe that individualized, timely, and appropriate diagnosis and intervention can allow individuals with hip dysplasia to live active, healthy lives.
- Provide accurate, unbiased, patient-friendly information and resources for hip dysplasia patients and other non-experts.
- Generate awareness for hip dysplasia among patients/families, surgeons and other healthcare professionals, and researchers
- Develop and support fundraising efforts to contribute to the mission of the IHDI
- Build community and collaboration between patients, IHDI staff, researchers, surgeons, and other medical providers to encourage and support hip dysplasia awareness and advocacy.