Day of Movement Meet-Up Details
- Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Time: Meet at 9:45 am; 1-mile walk starts at 10 am
- Location: Minot Park District walking path on 16th Street
- Additional information: Team members should wear a Hippys Support Group shirts if they have one!
- Organizer: Madie Olson (@hippys.support.group on Instagram)
More about Madie: I am Madie Olson from North Dakota. I am a sophmore in college studying to be a elementary school teacher! I have had five hip surgeries and was diagnosed with FAI and Hip Dysplasia! I would like to do a fundraising team since hip dysplasia awareness is something close to my heart. I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia in June, 2020 and was able to have a PAO done at University of Iowa Hospitals in October, 2020. During my recovery I connected with other hip dysplasia patients through Instagram and created an Instagram to follow my recovery and give honest stories from my hip experiences to help others. If it wasn’t for my surgery recovery I wouldn’t have created the support resource Hippys Support Group (@hippys.support.group on Instagram) that has helped me and hip dysplasia patients connect with other hip dysplasia patients so they know they have others who 100% understand! Being able to raise money for hip dysplasia & be a part of the Day of Movement would be awesome!