We are early in the development of this initiative, but we are eager to get anyone and everyone involved who wants to support the IHDI and the hip dysplasia patient community, raise awareness, and build community. More specific information about how to get involved will be coming soon, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us now if you are eager to get involved.
Miles4Hips is all about meeting the information needs of the adolescent and adult hip dysplasia patients, building community, creating awareness, and supporting the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
Some ways to get involved may include:
- Mentoring patients
- Participating in a formal Miles4Hips event (keep your eyes out for our first official event, the Miles4Hips Virtual 5K, rolling out during June (Hip Dysplasia Awareness Month)
- Participating on our knowledge translation team which serves to provide accurate, unbiased information about hip dysplasia for non-exerts, including patients, families, and medical providers who are not familiar with adolescent and adult hip dysplasia
- Developing an individual or group Miles4Hips fundraising initiative – the sky is the limit! What are your passions and talents? How can you use them to raise awareness about hip dysplasia and support the IHDI? We want to help by providing a forum to share your story, spreading word about your initiative, and creating a fundraising link to help achieve your goals.
- Serving as a community ambassador to support the efforts of Miles4Hips at the local/regional level
- Supporting the organizational needs of Miles4Hips. We are always looking for people with experience in graphic design, communications, fundraising, website design, etc to assist us with ongoing development of this initiative.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org